We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Dr. Donais graduated from the Ontario Veterinary College at the University of Guelph in 1994. Early in his career, he took a leadership role in the operations of his first job in Wallaceburg, a very busy part of a group of hospitals in the Chatham area. During this time, he developed a keen interest in avian and exotic animal medicine and surgery.
After a short time in a small animal practice just outside Sudbury, Ontario, Dr. Donais moved to the Newmarket area to open the College Manor Veterinary Hospital with Dr. Bruch in June of 1999. Dr. Donais is a member of the College of Veterinarians of Ontario (CVO), the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA) and the Toronto Academy of Veterinary Medicine (TAVM).
Dr. Donais is a converted fitness enthusiast and enjoys hitting the gym and has completed several half-marathons. He is an avid fisherman and enjoys boating and “cottaging”. Currently, he shares his home with a tank full of tropical fish and a very spunky cat named “Kingston”.
I am very proud of the professional, caring and cohesive team we have at the CMVH. We all work well together to bring the very best level of health care to our patients and their families. A true commitment to continuing education ensures that our entire team continues to strive to be the at what we do.
I truly love the variety that veterinary medicine provides. No two days are exactly alike!
I really enjoy nature and wildlife photography. Travelling South in the winter is a real favourite!
Have you ever bought a plant to decorate for the holidays or dropped a vitamin accidentally? As these things do happen and can cause a potential pet poison risk, it is important to be informed as a preventative measure.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 905.853.4706. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm & Saturday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone.
You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up, visit our website.
Note: Due to the continued health precautions recommended by Health Canada, we have elected to discontinue 'in clinic' pick-ups for items ordered via our Webstore including both medications and food with immediate effect. The delivery option is extremely flexible and they will deliver to your place of work, home, cottage or wherever you choose.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at College Manor Veterinary Hospital